Saturday, June 27, 2009

You are not alone, but I feel oh so alone

While the world grieved for Micheal Jackson, I could not help but to feel angry. Just because he was the "King of Pop" he gets all kinds of publicity... But the truth is he was an addict just like Tina. What makes his overdose so newsworthy???? It's not like celebrities aren't known to snort half their money up their noses. It's so stupid, at least Tina didn't molest young boys and then pay their parents to keep it quiet. She deserved to be in the news.... "Young mother/grandmother dies from overdose. The lives of her children will never be able to fill the void she left." But no, because Tina had so little money and because her death was an overdose, whether or not she meant to OD is irrelevant, therefore voiding her small accidental death policy of $4,000, she only got the free obituary... The one that only says her name and date, time and location of her service. She deserved so much more. And now here is Micheal, even outshining the death of Farrah Faucett who struggled to fight cancer till the end. It is so frustrating. As Malcom X so honestly put it, "The media is the most powerful entity on earth. They have the power to make the innocent guilty and to make the guilty innocent, and that's power. Because they control the minds of the masses."

The day after his death, the radio was riddled with his music, yes he was a talented artist, and I'm driving and his song "You are not alone" comes on... And as I listen to the words, feeling oh so alone since she died, I start crying.... Here I am driving down 31 S, wiping away the streaming tears, and this isn't a graceful cry, it is a sob. I hate that it is taking me so long to stop hurting. I should be able to move on now... But I keep looking at my phone, wishing for just one more phone call... Just one more time to say, I love you, goodnight. But, I was always in such a hurry, so I didn't get that extra phone call.

No comments:

Post a Comment