Sunday, June 6, 2010

You light up my senses

Sitting cross legged on the limestone jutting out over the filled quarry, the cool breeze off the translucent blue-green water brushing my face, I'm filled with the most peculiar sensation. I'm void of depression, hate, anger, anxiety... all the familiar feelings that plague my everyday life. The confusion lifts as the edges of my lips turn up... I'm smiling, sincerely, for the first time in well over ten years. I'm surrounded by the three most important people in my life. My darling daughter, her mahogany hair flickering gently around her face, sits beside me, desperately seeking out a school of bluegill fish. My charming son, donned with streaks of mud reflecting his rambunctious personality, is searching for another rock to hurdle into the rippling waters. The strength of our family, my compassionate husband, stands several feet above us, watching as if his pure pleasure in life was to ensure the happiness of his loved ones.

Sitting cross legged on the limestone jutting out over the filled quarry, the cool breeze off the translucent blue-green water brushing my face, I'm filled with an immense happiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment